K2 RSForms Pro Instructions
- Install the plugin through the native Joomla Extension Installer (Extensions > Extensions Manager > Install)
- Go to Extensions > Extension Manager > Manage and search for the plugin. Make sure to enable it.
"Item Create" Configuration
- Once you are done configuring your form fields, you have to save the form at least once
- Click on the "Form Properties" tab
- At the bottom of the left Column, find the K2 Integration subtab
- To Enable the plugin on your form, Set the Use K2 Integration value to Yes
- The K2 Category field allows you to select the Item Category in K2 that will be bound to this form
- If you want your submissions to be moderated by an administrator first, Select the Auto Publish (don't require admin approval) option
- The Field Mappings section is fairly straightforward
- The left column contains all the fields in your form
- The Right column is a dynamic dropdown list of all the standard and custom fields associated with that category
- The Advanced Mappings section allows you to manipulate the publish on, unpublish on and publish until values of the K2 Item
- Handles File uploads
"Item Edit" Configuration
- UPDATE! Editing and creation can now be done in the same form!
- If you want to enable editing items with your form, just enable the Allow Editing in the "K2 Integration" subtab in the "Form Properties" tab
- Once this feature is enabled, all you have to do is pass the GET variable "cid" with the ID value of the K2 item
The permissions system is fairly simple. Users with core.edit permission (Administrator, Superusers) can edit any item.
Regular logged in users can edit only items they created
You can allow a non-logged in user to submit the form (using standard Menu Item ACL), however they cannot edit items.
If you need installation and configuration help, or if you have an older version of Joomla and want this plugin tested and deployed, please contact us for quote..